Tonight President Joe Biden will deliver his State of the Union address to Congress and you'll find talking points on the SOTU to share on social media below. While it's uncertain exactly what Joe Biden will say (or attempt to say), one thing is for sure:
Here in North Carolina and across the nation, the People KNOW the true state of our union is strained!
It's strained under the weight of Democrats' failing policies. It's up to Republicans to unite Americans behind a vision for a better future and turn back the Democrats' radical and ruinous agenda. Please let us know if NCGOP Communications can help you with messaging and/or media
Biden's State Of The Union
- As Americans are struggling from inflation, a border crisis that worsens by the day, record crime, and a school system failing our children, Biden will offer nothing but empty rhetoric, weak leadership, and broken promises in his address.
After two years under Biden's leadership, Americans' finances are significantly worse.
Because of Biden's open border policies, the border crisis has spiraled out of control.
- 5.8 million illegal immigrants have crossed the border since Biden took office including more than 1.2 million illegal immigrants that have evaded apprehension at the southern border.
- Illicit drugs, like deadly fentanyl, are pouring into our country at an alarming rate.
Biden and Democrats' soft-on-crime policies are hurting every community from the smallest town to the largest city.
- With crime on the rise and drugs pouring across the border, instead of supporting our brave law enforcement, Biden and Democrats have caved to the "defund the police" movement.
Because of Biden and Democrat-sponsored lockdowns and forced masking policies, we are seeing devastating consequences on America's children.
- The American people deserve better than Democrats' runaway inflation, surging crime, open borders, and failing schools.
- What America needs – and what Republicans are offering – is a return to common sense and a commitment to the ideals that made America the land of the free and home of the brave.
- Republicans are working overtime to fix the problems that the Biden administration has created and worsened.
With a new majority, House Republicans are also working to fix the failures of Democrats and the Biden administration with their Commitment to America.
Republicans have already voted to:
- Stop the Biden administration's plan to hire 87,000 IRS agents to go after hard working Americans.
- Take action to stand up against the Chinese Communist Party's agenda.
- Restore individual liberty by ending the Biden administration's COVID-19 vaccine mandate on certain healthcare workers and return to pre-pandemic life by ending the COVID-19 National Emergency.
Americans are turning to Republicans to provide a clear vision for our country. Following Biden's address, Americans will hear Arkansas Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders deliver the Republican response to the State of the Union.
- Governor Sanders is ushering in a new generation of leaders as the youngest Governor in America.
- Governor Sanders is also part of the first father-daughter governance in history.
- She is fighting on behalf of parents, small businesses and ordinary taxpayers to expand access to quality education, jobs, and opportunity for all.
Congressman Juan Ciscomani (AZ-06) will offer the Republican Spanish address to the nation. Originally from Mexico, Ciscomani is the first foreign-born American elected to Congress from Arizona.
- His message to the nation will focus on preserving the American Dream which he has benefitted from.
Republican Governors and state legislatures across the country are offering their vision of and leading the way to a more prosperous America.
- Economy – 13 out of the top 15 states with the lowest unemployment rates and 9 of the top 10 states with the highest percentage of jobs recovered since the pandemic began were led by Republican governors. The other - North Carolina - led by a Republican General Assembly.
Crime – 27 of the 30 cities with the highest murder rates are led by Democrat mayors, and cities like Washington, D.C. are doubling down on pro-criminal policies .
- North Carolina's major metro centers are suffering similar spikes in crime under Democrats' misguided Soft on Crime policies.
Education – 19 of the top 20 states for getting kids back for in-person learning during the 2020-2021 school year were led by Republicans; 18 of the bottom 20 states were led by Democrats. We're still seeing the devastating consequences of Democrat-sponsored lockdowns on children.
- North Carolina families bore the costs of these lockdowns, and now Family First policies like growing educational freedom and a movement for Parents' rights are on the march to reclaim a promising future for our kids.
- Regardless of what Biden says tonight, the facts are clear – his policies are failing our Nation and Americans can look to Republican leadership for a brighter and prosperous future for all.
Courtesy of NCGOP