- The Democrats just released the framework for their $3.5 trillion reckless tax-and-spending spree ... and it's worse than we feared.
- To put the size of the reckless spending in perspective, the $3.5 trillion bill is larger than the economy of the UK, four times the size of Obama's stimulus, and the size of the entire 2010 federal budget. And because the spending is half financed by new debt, the national debt would skyrocket to $45 trillion in 2031.
- It includes:
- The Democrats' reckless tax-and-spending spree won't help the economy, it will slow economic growth, raise taxes, and leave less money in Americans' pockets.
- Here are some examples of North Carolinians facing the grim economic reality created by the Democrats:
- A restaurant owner in Winston-Salem said, "I will give you an example, I am paying $200 more a week in mayonnaise."
- Alex Simpson, the owner of Simpson's Eggs in Monroe, said, "When you go to increase in the cost of a dozen eggs to produce by 10, 15, 20 cents, you can pretty much eliminate the profits out of it really quickly. We can't take it forever. We'll take it here for a little while. But sooner or later, it's gonna have to trickle down to the consumer."
- Kerry Bryant, West 94th Street Pub in Durham, said, "Food prices have skyrocketed, and we're having to substitute and try to figure out what we can bring in that we normally have on our menu that we feel like is quality."
- It's a budget that makes North Carolinians poorer, Washington, D.C. more powerful, and liberal lobbyists richer, all while sending your money down the toilet.